Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 6
South Asia Check / August 6, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “After chief secy appointment, search for candidate for reconstruction authority CEO intensifies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: a highly placed source, a senior government official, a senior Finance Ministry official and a minister representing the Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “Subedi appointed new chief secy” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed “officials at the Prime Minister’s Office” in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Federal Nepal to have six states” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Dr Subedi, a new chief secy” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Consensus building on same six-state model” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a source present at the meeting and a member of working group.
Kantipur report headlined “Police security even for drawing water” by Bharat Jhargamagar datelined Lahan has quoted an unnamed local.
Kantipur report headlined “Commission and ministry in tug of war” by Krishna Acharya and Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three anonymous sources: an official from the Ministry of Local Development, an official from the National Planning Commission, and an official from the Parliament Secretariat.
Annapurna Post report headlined “PM uses veto ignoring UML’s opposition” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage