Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 6
South Asia Check / August 6, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “After chief secy appointment, search for candidate for reconstruction authority CEO intensifies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: a highly placed source, a senior government official, a senior Finance Ministry official and a minister representing the Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “Subedi appointed new chief secy” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed “officials at the Prime Minister’s Office” in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Federal Nepal to have six states” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Dr Subedi, a new chief secy” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Consensus building on same six-state model” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a source present at the meeting and a member of working group.
Kantipur report headlined “Police security even for drawing water” by Bharat Jhargamagar datelined Lahan has quoted an unnamed local.
Kantipur report headlined “Commission and ministry in tug of war” by Krishna Acharya and Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three anonymous sources: an official from the Ministry of Local Development, an official from the National Planning Commission, and an official from the Parliament Secretariat.
Annapurna Post report headlined “PM uses veto ignoring UML’s opposition” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item