Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 8
South Asia Check / August 8, 2015
Republica report headlined “Adjustment row delays demarcation deal” by Thira L Bhusal and Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: participants involved in negotiation.
Republica report headlined “High road toll means Bara as costly by car as by air” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: engineers.
Nagarik report headlined “Criminals in Ambulance” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed source: police and doctors.
Nagarik report headlined “Piles of options for demarcation” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: high-level source present at the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Ups and downs of cricket” by Ajaya Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a former player of the national team.
Annapurna Post report headlined “President’s blind love for son” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: an official of Nepali Congress, a diplomat, an authentic source and an informed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Fast track road construction deal with Indian firm gets NPC nod” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: a source, officials and a committee member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Parties unable to resolve disputes of constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: cross-party leaders.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML wants Saptari and Siraha districts to be in eastern province” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: leaders attending the meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deal with Israel to send workers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Israeli side.
Kantipur report headlined “Infighting within parties” by Rajendra Phuyal and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: source present in the meeting.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!