Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 8
South Asia Check / August 8, 2015
Republica report headlined “Adjustment row delays demarcation deal” by Thira L Bhusal and Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: participants involved in negotiation.
Republica report headlined “High road toll means Bara as costly by car as by air” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: engineers.
Nagarik report headlined “Criminals in Ambulance” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed source: police and doctors.
Nagarik report headlined “Piles of options for demarcation” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: high-level source present at the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Ups and downs of cricket” by Ajaya Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a former player of the national team.
Annapurna Post report headlined “President’s blind love for son” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: an official of Nepali Congress, a diplomat, an authentic source and an informed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Fast track road construction deal with Indian firm gets NPC nod” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: a source, officials and a committee member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Parties unable to resolve disputes of constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: cross-party leaders.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML wants Saptari and Siraha districts to be in eastern province” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: leaders attending the meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deal with Israel to send workers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Israeli side.
Kantipur report headlined “Infighting within parties” by Rajendra Phuyal and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: source present in the meeting.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item