Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 28
South Asia Check / December 29, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Three ex-chiefs of Armed Police Force probed for graft” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: An investigator from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) growing impatient with Oli government” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Some Maoist leaders.
Kantipur report headlined “Three former IGPs in CIAA net ” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA), a source, another source associated with the CIAA, and another source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Three former IGPs also dragged in corruption case” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Republica report headlined “CIAA widens net to 3 APF ex-chiefs” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: CIAA officials.
Nagarik report headlined “Three APF ex-chiefs probed in fake receipts case” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the CIAA and an official of the CIAA.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Govt fails to sign deal with China” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A high-level source privy to the development.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables