Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 28
South Asia Check / December 29, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Three ex-chiefs of Armed Police Force probed for graft” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: An investigator from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) growing impatient with Oli government” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Some Maoist leaders.
Kantipur report headlined “Three former IGPs in CIAA net ” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA), a source, another source associated with the CIAA, and another source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Three former IGPs also dragged in corruption case” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Republica report headlined “CIAA widens net to 3 APF ex-chiefs” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: CIAA officials.
Nagarik report headlined “Three APF ex-chiefs probed in fake receipts case” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the CIAA and an official of the CIAA.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Govt fails to sign deal with China” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A high-level source privy to the development.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently