Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 4
South Asia Check / December 5, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister confident after envoy Rae’s initiatives” by Chiranjivi Dhungana has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister mulls going to elections by postponing amendment” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and another unnamed advisor to Pushpa Kamal Dahal.
Nagarik report headlined “Morcha under pressure to accept amendment” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and another source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Indian envoy advises Morcha to accept amendment bill” datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed leader. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Power centres want to squash Maoists, Dahal at HQ meet” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and sources from the CPN (Maoist Centre) in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths