Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 4
South Asia Check / December 5, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister confident after envoy Rae’s initiatives” by Chiranjivi Dhungana has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister mulls going to elections by postponing amendment” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and another unnamed advisor to Pushpa Kamal Dahal.
Nagarik report headlined “Morcha under pressure to accept amendment” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and another source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Indian envoy advises Morcha to accept amendment bill” datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed leader. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Power centres want to squash Maoists, Dahal at HQ meet” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and sources from the CPN (Maoist Centre) in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!