Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 2
South Asia Check / February 3, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Cases filed against 11 including Onta” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Kantipur report headlined “Knot gets complicated” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and another leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nitish and Lalu support Morcha” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Chairman Joshi resigns” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Nepal Purwadhar Bikash Company Limited and another official from the company.
Republica report headlined “Malaysia officials helping with faked Nepal MRPs” written by Shreejana Shrestha datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed official from Department of Immigration. MRPs are machine-readable passports.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?