Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 2
South Asia Check / February 3, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Cases filed against 11 including Onta” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Kantipur report headlined “Knot gets complicated” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and another leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nitish and Lalu support Morcha” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Chairman Joshi resigns” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Nepal Purwadhar Bikash Company Limited and another official from the company.
Republica report headlined “Malaysia officials helping with faked Nepal MRPs” written by Shreejana Shrestha datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed official from Department of Immigration. MRPs are machine-readable passports.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths