Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 28
South Asia Check / February 29, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Speaker Ghartimagar in austerity drive” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quotes an unnamed official of parliament, a staff at parliament canteen and another source close to Speaker Onsari Ghartimagar.
Kantipur report headlined “Deuba faction to announce panel tomorrow” by Kulchandra Neupane and Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Human trafficking racket busted in Delhi, 11 girls rescued” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed diplomatic official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Unity of Maoist parties in limbo” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “For Poudel, it depends on what he offers to leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently