Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 10
South Asia Check / January 11, 2016
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Revenue collection up at most customs points in border areas” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Nepal Oil Corporation officials. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “ADB loan for air safety blown on family junkets” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: An official at the project (Capacity Development of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal [CAAN]) directorate, one of the directors of CAAN, a CAAN director, and an official.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Membership dispute resurfaces” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a highly-placed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Demand for revising amendment proposal” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: source and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently