Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 17
South Asia Check / January 18, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Three parties prepare TOR” by Basanta Basnet and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the meeting between the big three parties and the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Madhesi leaders inch closer to consensus” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently