Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 22
South Asia Check / January 23, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Top leaders’ meeting falls apart after PM Oli snaps” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources on three instances. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Five parties’ bid for pact with UDMF on” written by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Government unable to receive Rs Rs 1.5 billion from ADB” by Gokarna Awasthi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Talks with Morcha derail” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently