Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 5
South Asia Check / July 6, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Majority-based government is no solution” by Durga Khanal and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Baluwatar source.
Nagarik report headlined “Maoists pushing for consensus government” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Republica report headlined “Security bodies exploring Islamic State’s Nepal connection” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police officer.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature