Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 18
South Asia Check / June 19, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “NC gets resentful” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader, a source and a senior leader of Nepali Congress.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt treasury surplus reaches all-time high” jointly by Mukul Humagain and Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EU ban on Nepali airlines to remain” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) director and a manager with the private airlines.
An AFP report headlined “Villager killed in fight over yarshagumba” published in The Himalayan Times datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage