Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 2
South Asia Check / June 3, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute between UML and Maoists heightens” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in five instances: Sources in three instances, highly-placed source and a highly-placed source at the prime minister’s office.
Annapurna Post report headlined “This was how Kedia was freed” by Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior police source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Judges appointments issue, Karki returns cutting short her visit” by Yama Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A judge of the Supreme Court.
Republica report headlined “Ruling partners at loggerheads over civil servant transfers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Sources and a source close to Deputy Prime Minister Kamal Thapa. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently