Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 21
South Asia Check / June 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “I don’t need money, I want to go home” by Gyanendra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A youth from Gorkha who is now in Afghanistan.
Kantipur report headlined “Terrorist-suicide blast in Kabul, 12 Nepali killed” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Nepali currently working in Afghanistan.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “12 Nepalis killed in Kabul suicide blast” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A MoFA [Ministry of Foreign Affairs] official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently