Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 13
South Asia Check / March 14, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “80 MW import deal against past agreement” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An engineer associated with the Grid Operation Department of Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), a source associated with the NEA, and a source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “New US facility disappoints garment entrepreneurs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: One of the representatives of Garment Association of Nepal. This report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!