Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 28
South Asia Check / March 29, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Confusion over numbers” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed officials from National Reconstruction Authority.
Republica report headlined “Repeated bomb hoax triggers heightened security alert at TIA” by Kamal Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Six months on, parties spar over House rules” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Parliament Secretariat.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “ATC tower giving wrong aviation weather information to pilots” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed pilots.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature