Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 27
South Asia Check / May 28, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Anarchic protests with political backing” by Pravin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of Nepal Transport Entrepreneurs National Federation.
Nagarik report headlined “Development activities slow down further” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Budget announcement tomorrow, infrastructure in priority” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official each from the Ministry of Finance ad Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Dahal claims gentleman’s agreement reached with UML to allow him to head government” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the CPN Maoist Centre. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage