Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 10
South Asia Check / November 11, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Request to India to remove ‘obstructions’” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Conspiracy to revive Birat’s contract” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Oil Corporation.
Kantipur report headlined “China ready to reopen border points” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Just one victim gets loan in six months of earthquake” by Ashish Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed chief executive officer of a bank.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Formal request to end blockade” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Cabinet.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Diplomatic talks to import fuel from third country” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “New Delhi fails to keep its supply ‘promise’” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed diplomatic source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?