Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 1
South Asia Check / October 2, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Northern customs point can be reopened within a week” by Dhruba Dangal datelined Tatopani has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Border checkpoints without obstructions also remain shut” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted two unnamed sources: A security official in Jhapa and a person who owns a fuel pump in India.
Nagarik report headlined “Police busting hundi racket” by K P Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: An informed person, an informed source, a source, and an official informed on hundi, an illegal non-banking channel for transferring funds.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Talk initiatives intensify” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A highly-placed source.
Republica report headlined “Indian envoy hopes crisis will end soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A petrol supplier at the Indian border. The report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Road to Tatopani customs to open in a week: Officials” by Dhruba Dangal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official involved in road construction, and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements