Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 13
South Asia Check / October 14, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Upheaval in United Democratic Madeshi Front” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at Tarai-Madhes Democratic Party, sources close to Federal Socialist Forum Nepal (FSFN) and Tarai-Madhes Sadbhavana Party, highly-placed source at the United Democratic Madhesi Front, a senior leader of FSFN, and a senior leader of Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Problem in sharing ministries” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A source, another source, a leader of the UCPN (Maoist), another source, and a leader of the CPN-UML.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Fuel flow from India increases” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Customs officials and Nepal Oil Corporation officials. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “9-member cabinet formed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A UML source, a source close to CPN-UML chief K P Oli, UCPN (Maoist) sources, and UML sources. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Power-sharing ‘before full cabinet'” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the UCPN (Maoist) and a UML leader. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Thapa to approach India for resumption of supplies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Sources. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently