Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 25
South Asia Check / October 26, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “NC to make decision after Karki’s clarification” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A central committee member of Nepali Congress who is close to Chairman Deuba.
Kantipur report headlined “Sparing big fish and running after small fries!” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: A source in five instances, a CIAA source, and a source associated with the CIAA. Here CIAA stands for the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “NC won’t make decision immediately” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Officials trade blame over Ncell dividend repatriation” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior Nepal Telecommunications Authority official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Congress continues to helm and haw” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC leadership urged to study motion and choose best of four alternatives” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently