Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 27
South Asia Check / October 28, 2015
Annapurna Post report headlined “Bhandari proposed for President” by Chiranjivi Dhungana and Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India ignores request: Upadhyay” by Akanshya Shah datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed official from the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “China set to be Nepal’s 2nd oil trade partner” by Sangam Parsain datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “UML fields Bhandari for prez; UCPN-M presents Pun for Veep; NC undecided” by Tika R Pradhan has quoted an unnamed source from Nepali Congress.
Annapurna Post, Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!