Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 31
South Asia Check / November 1, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Differences between Nepali Congress and CPN-UML grow further” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A leader of Nepali Congress (NC), an NC office bearer, another NC leader, ministers of the former government led by Sushil Koirala, and a minister of the erstwhile Sushil Koirala-led cabinet.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ministry to India: Fulfil supply commitment” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A senior foreign ministry official, and officials of Nepal. The report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) to quit government if Pun loses” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage