Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 31
South Asia Check / November 1, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Differences between Nepali Congress and CPN-UML grow further” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A leader of Nepali Congress (NC), an NC office bearer, another NC leader, ministers of the former government led by Sushil Koirala, and a minister of the erstwhile Sushil Koirala-led cabinet.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ministry to India: Fulfil supply commitment” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A senior foreign ministry official, and officials of Nepal. The report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) to quit government if Pun loses” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item