Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 7
South Asia Check / October 8, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Justices unhappy with chief justice” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Supreme Court, and another justice of the Supreme Court.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Passengers are always served substandard food” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A bus driver operating on Janakpur route.
Kantipur report headlined “Process server ‘goes missing’” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A court source. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Mafia elements attempting to influence dean appointment” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source close to the education minister, a source, and a source at the Ministry of Education.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage