Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 7
South Asia Check / October 8, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Justices unhappy with chief justice” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Supreme Court, and another justice of the Supreme Court.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Passengers are always served substandard food” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A bus driver operating on Janakpur route.
Kantipur report headlined “Process server ‘goes missing’” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A court source. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Mafia elements attempting to influence dean appointment” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source close to the education minister, a source, and a source at the Ministry of Education.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?