Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 9
South Asia Check / October 10, 2015
Republica report headlined “NOC seeks new fuel supplier” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: an official of the NOC.
Republica report headlined “Oli intensifies campaign for prime ministership” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: leaders of Rastriya Prajatantra Party-Nepal. The report does not carry a byline.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Expression of interest sought for importing petroleum products” by Laxmi Prasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
Kantipur report headlined “Global tender put out for importing fuel” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of Nepal Oil Corporation. The report does not carry byline.
Kantipur report headlined “NC also to stake claim to lead government” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A central member of Nepali Congress.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Customs points further tightened” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Nepali official. The report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Global tender put out for importing petrol” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A highly-placed source. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Oil agreement with India scrapped” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC), a source associated with NOC, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “NC and UML jostle for government leadership” by Mani Dahal and Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An office bearer of the Nepali Congress and a source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC decision on contesting PM post today” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage