Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 9
South Asia Check / October 10, 2015
Republica report headlined “NOC seeks new fuel supplier” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: an official of the NOC.
Republica report headlined “Oli intensifies campaign for prime ministership” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: leaders of Rastriya Prajatantra Party-Nepal. The report does not carry a byline.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Expression of interest sought for importing petroleum products” by Laxmi Prasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
Kantipur report headlined “Global tender put out for importing fuel” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of Nepal Oil Corporation. The report does not carry byline.
Kantipur report headlined “NC also to stake claim to lead government” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A central member of Nepali Congress.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Customs points further tightened” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Nepali official. The report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Global tender put out for importing petrol” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A highly-placed source. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Oil agreement with India scrapped” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC), a source associated with NOC, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “NC and UML jostle for government leadership” by Mani Dahal and Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An office bearer of the Nepali Congress and a source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC decision on contesting PM post today” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently