Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 1
South Asia Check / September 2, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Bottom line: Implementation of the Mathema report” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a senior official of the Ministry of Health and Population and a source associated with the Kedar Bhakta Mathema-led taskforce on reforms in medical education.
Nagarik report headlined “How long do we distribute license to kill people” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: members of the Nepal Medical Council, owners of medical colleges in Nepal, and a senior member of the council.
Nagarik report on the Kedar Bhakta Mathema-led taskforce report headlined “The responsibility of implementation given to committee” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Bargaining for amendment” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: an office bearer of the Nepali Congress and a leader of the party. Nepali Congress, which is on the verge of violating a constitutional provision requiring a political party to hold its general convention every five years, wants to amend the constitution.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India keeps out of Nepal’s internal matters: Official” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted one unnamed source: a senor South Block official.
A Rastriya Samachar Samiti report published in Gorkhapatra headlined “Clash in Birgunj, one dies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a source associated with the security force, and locals.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently