Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / September 17, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Difficult to move ahead without addressing Madhesi demands” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Ill-maintained TIA runway taking toll on Nepal Airlines aircraft” by Rajan Pokhrel has quoted an unnamed pilot and an unnamed director of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM leads jumbo delegation to India” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali journalist in New Delhi. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “IBN yet to decide on extension of financial closure deadline” by Bibek Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at the Investment Board Nepal (IBN).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!