Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 23
South Asia Check / September 24, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute between home minister and police chief escalates” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and an official at the Ministry of Home Affairs in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Constitution amendment proposal being presented” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source associated with official residence of the prime minister in two instances, a source in one instance, a source close to Prime Minister Dahal in one instance, and a source close to the prime minister in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 25 billion loan issued with government as guarantor” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, and a concerned official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Jumbo civil aviation team flying to Canada on a ‘fun trip'” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: A member of the delegation, an official at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, a ministry official, and a senior aeronautical engineer.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Army offers mea culpa for barring NHRC from probe” by Dewan Rai datelined Lalitpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Nepal Army official, and National Human Right Commissions’ officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently