Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 23
South Asia Check / September 24, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute between home minister and police chief escalates” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and an official at the Ministry of Home Affairs in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Constitution amendment proposal being presented” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source associated with official residence of the prime minister in two instances, a source in one instance, a source close to Prime Minister Dahal in one instance, and a source close to the prime minister in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 25 billion loan issued with government as guarantor” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, and a concerned official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Jumbo civil aviation team flying to Canada on a ‘fun trip'” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: A member of the delegation, an official at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, a ministry official, and a senior aeronautical engineer.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Army offers mea culpa for barring NHRC from probe” by Dewan Rai datelined Lalitpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Nepal Army official, and National Human Right Commissions’ officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage