Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 24
South Asia Check / September 25, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “We will welcome constitution once peace and stability return: India” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed official who participated in the meeting between officials from India and Nepal, and another unnamed professor from India’s Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Kantipur report headlined “Consultation to clear misunderstanding” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister who participated in the meeting. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Government helpless in implementing agreement” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Nepal Medical Council.
Annapurna Post report titled “India’s urges Dahal to take lead to resolve dispute” by Rewati Sapkota and Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Baluwatar.
Republica report headlined “Army to withdraw from riot-hit areas” by Kamal Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM Koirala calls off visit to UN” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently