Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 26
South Asia Check / September 27, 2015
Annapurna Post report headlined “Rift in Madhesi Morcha after flag [burning] incident” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader of the Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front].
Gorkhapatra report headlined “India has not stopped cargo vehicles” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Refueling not allowed” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed driver.
Kantipur report headlined “Indian ambassador questioned about obstructions” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted “sources” in one instance.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “IOC refuses fuel delivery to Nepal” by Rajesh Khanal has quoted an unnamed source.
Republica report headlined “Supplies minister to discuss petro supply issue with Indian counterpart today” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Oil Corporation.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage