Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 3
South Asia Check / September 3, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Decision against the Mathema taskforce report” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a member of the social committee of the Council of Ministers and an official of the committee.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal meets Thakur and Yadav” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: a source at the residence of Pushpa Kamal Dahal, a source associated with the Madhesi Front, and a source associated with the Tarai-Madhes Democratic Party.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepali Congress lawmakers threaten to defy party whip” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a CA member from the Nepali Congress.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “MPRF-D gives big three parties Sept 5 deadline” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: analysts. MPRF-D stands for Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently