Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 16
South Asia Check / April 19, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “UDMF and Federal Alliance working to launching protests to disrupt elections'” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A participant.
Nagarik report headlined “Election in two phases if UDMF agrees” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A participant, a leader and a member.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!