Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 24
South Asia Check / April 27, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Fiscal budget in a fix” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister, a source, a minister from the CPN (Maoist Center) twice, and two other leaders.
Kantipur report headlined “Another amendment bill brought to postpone budget” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from Nepali Congress and another unnamed minister.
Kantipur report headlined “What about the vote count of the first phase elections?” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission twice.
Nagarik report headlined “Elections on May 14 and June 14” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once.
Republica report headlined “Govt seeks to scrap Bir tender for radiotherapy machine” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently