Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 24
South Asia Check / April 27, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Fiscal budget in a fix” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister, a source, a minister from the CPN (Maoist Center) twice, and two other leaders.
Kantipur report headlined “Another amendment bill brought to postpone budget” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from Nepali Congress and another unnamed minister.
Kantipur report headlined “What about the vote count of the first phase elections?” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission twice.
Nagarik report headlined “Elections on May 14 and June 14” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once.
Republica report headlined “Govt seeks to scrap Bir tender for radiotherapy machine” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature