Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 30
South Asia Check / May 3, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in OBOR summit, preparations on for finance minister to sign agreement” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and officials.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling alliance proposes revision in amendment, only consultative role for provincial assemblies” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: An official having knowledge of revenue matters and an official who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Making excuses to postpone elections” by Basanta Basnet and Kul Chandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Leaders close to the prime minister, a source, a senior leader, a leader, and a source from Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Parties doing homework to garner two-thirds majority without UML support” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A source at the residence of the prime minister, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “UML’s three pre-conditions” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A CPN-UML leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Oli rejects Deuba’s request to back amendment bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A ruling party source. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature