Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 30
South Asia Check / May 3, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in OBOR summit, preparations on for finance minister to sign agreement” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and officials.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling alliance proposes revision in amendment, only consultative role for provincial assemblies” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: An official having knowledge of revenue matters and an official who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Making excuses to postpone elections” by Basanta Basnet and Kul Chandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Leaders close to the prime minister, a source, a senior leader, a leader, and a source from Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Parties doing homework to garner two-thirds majority without UML support” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A source at the residence of the prime minister, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “UML’s three pre-conditions” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A CPN-UML leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Oli rejects Deuba’s request to back amendment bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A ruling party source. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently