Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 30
South Asia Check / May 3, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in OBOR summit, preparations on for finance minister to sign agreement” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and officials.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling alliance proposes revision in amendment, only consultative role for provincial assemblies” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: An official having knowledge of revenue matters and an official who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Making excuses to postpone elections” by Basanta Basnet and Kul Chandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Leaders close to the prime minister, a source, a senior leader, a leader, and a source from Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Parties doing homework to garner two-thirds majority without UML support” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A source at the residence of the prime minister, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “UML’s three pre-conditions” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A CPN-UML leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Oli rejects Deuba’s request to back amendment bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A ruling party source. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item