Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 6
South Asia Check / April 11, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election Commission in a fix” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official and an election commissioner from the Election Commission.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Proposal to amend three ‘unfair’ Articles” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu an unnamed member of Nepal-India Eminent Persons Group meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Elections in two phases if UDMF agrees to participate” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Another proposal to appease UDMF” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. UDMF refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Agreement to amend 1950 treaty” by Surendra Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed participant member of the Nepal-India Eminent Persons Group meeting four times.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Will Cabinet today put Nidhi-Thapa row to rest?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources five times and a source close to Kamal Thapa thrice. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Meeting of Eminent Persons Group on Nepal-India ties gets under way” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “EC pressured into relaxing election code” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Election Commission and unnamed sources.
Republica report headlined “Nepal-India EPG meet agrees to scrap unequal provisions in 1950 treaty” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the Nepal-India Eminent Persons Group. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage