Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 7
South Asia Check / April 11, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election Commission issues ultimatum to prime minister” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission twice.
Kantipur report headlined “Dispute over hierarchy heightens” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the secretariat of the Council of Ministers, a Nepali Congress minister, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “EC in confusion due to lack of consensus among parties” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission twice.
Kantipur report titled “Rs 135,000 for admission in playgroup!” by Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed guardian.
Nagarik report headlined “Cabinet meeting obstructed” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed secretary from the Prime Minister’s Office.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EPG discusses replacing 1950 treaty” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed two unnamed members of the Eminent Persons Group [EPG], and an official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CPN-MC mulls withdrawing constitution amendment bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the CPN-MC once.
Republica report headlined “Dahal for seniority to Thapa, Nidhi ‘in mood to resign’” datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed source. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item