Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 12
South Asia Check / August 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba exerts pressure to stop election bill” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source, a lawmaker from Nepali Congress, and a lawmaker.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN to participate in elections” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in three instances, a member of the RJP-N presidium, and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Amendment bill to be put to vote soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an RJPN leader and RJPN leaders. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SC orders release of Chudamani Sharma” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently