Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 12
South Asia Check / August 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba exerts pressure to stop election bill” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source, a lawmaker from Nepali Congress, and a lawmaker.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN to participate in elections” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in three instances, a member of the RJP-N presidium, and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Amendment bill to be put to vote soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an RJPN leader and RJPN leaders. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SC orders release of Chudamani Sharma” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Fact Check PM again exaggerates civilian deaths under Congress government
- In Public Interest Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Fact Check Minister overstates Koshi Tappu visitor numbers
- In Public Interest Will tourist arrivals surge?
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
In Public InterestPesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore Plants Protection Directorate officer Ramkrishna Subedi points to the need for setting up pesticides... Read More
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon