Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 12
South Asia Check / August 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba exerts pressure to stop election bill” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source, a lawmaker from Nepali Congress, and a lawmaker.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN to participate in elections” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in three instances, a member of the RJP-N presidium, and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Amendment bill to be put to vote soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an RJPN leader and RJPN leaders. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SC orders release of Chudamani Sharma” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item