Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 12
South Asia Check / August 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba exerts pressure to stop election bill” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source, a lawmaker from Nepali Congress, and a lawmaker.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN to participate in elections” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in three instances, a member of the RJP-N presidium, and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Amendment bill to be put to vote soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an RJPN leader and RJPN leaders. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SC orders release of Chudamani Sharma” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore