Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 12
South Asia Check / August 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba exerts pressure to stop election bill” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source, a lawmaker from Nepali Congress, and a lawmaker.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN to participate in elections” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in three instances, a member of the RJP-N presidium, and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Amendment bill to be put to vote soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an RJPN leader and RJPN leaders. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SC orders release of Chudamani Sharma” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?