Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 18
South Asia Check / August 21, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Federal and provincial elections simultaneously” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: An official from the Election Commission and source.
Republica report headlined “EC, parties agree to hold provincial, parliamentary elections by Nov 23” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Informed leaders. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements