Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 2
South Asia Check / August 9, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Relevance of Tax Settlement Commission questioned” by Dinesh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A former chairman of the Revenue Tribunal and a former justice of the Supreme Court.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Participate in elections: Puri” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source, a member and a journalist present in the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Dahal government released Rs 160 billion for party cadres” by Bhasha Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source at the Prime Minister’s Office, and a joint secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office.
Republica report headlined “Dahal’s caretaker govt doled out Rs 167 million to party cadres ahead of polls” by Bhasha Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “India envoy advises RJPN to participate in polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN). This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Five women elected to parliament so far
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
In Public InterestFive women elected to parliament so far Five women have been elected to parliament in the recently held elections. They are Pavitra Niraula ... Read More
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail