Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 25
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Capital gains tax worth tens of millions of rupees whittled down” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member involved in the investigation and an investigation officer.
Kantipur report headlined “Affiliation issued with ill-intention” by Krishna Gyawali and Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Modi welcomes constitution and election” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Highly-placed officials at prime minister’s office.
Nagarik report headlined “Instruction given to stop pilot accused of dollar smuggling from participating in training abroad” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source, an airline operator and a senior official at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal, India agree to expedite hydel projects” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths