Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 25
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Capital gains tax worth tens of millions of rupees whittled down” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member involved in the investigation and an investigation officer.
Kantipur report headlined “Affiliation issued with ill-intention” by Krishna Gyawali and Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Modi welcomes constitution and election” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Highly-placed officials at prime minister’s office.
Nagarik report headlined “Instruction given to stop pilot accused of dollar smuggling from participating in training abroad” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source, an airline operator and a senior official at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal, India agree to expedite hydel projects” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy