Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 26
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Attempt to bring public property of college under private ownership” by Surya Prasad Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A student.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gas bullet issue not raised during Deuba’s India visit, gas bullets worth Rs 5 billion non-operational ” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Election fervor grips Province 2” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, a leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN), and an RJPN source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nepal-China ties ‘figured prominently” in PM Deuba’s Delhi engagements” by Anil Giri datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Top government officials, Nepali officials and a Nepali official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!