Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 26
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Attempt to bring public property of college under private ownership” by Surya Prasad Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A student.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gas bullet issue not raised during Deuba’s India visit, gas bullets worth Rs 5 billion non-operational ” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Election fervor grips Province 2” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, a leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN), and an RJPN source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nepal-China ties ‘figured prominently” in PM Deuba’s Delhi engagements” by Anil Giri datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Top government officials, Nepali officials and a Nepali official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths