Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 30
South Asia Check / September 5, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Political parties working to pick poll candidates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SWC in favor of Manmohan foundation?” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A director of the Social Welfare Council.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Lack of laws hampering preparation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior Election Commission official. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths