Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 30
South Asia Check / September 5, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Political parties working to pick poll candidates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SWC in favor of Manmohan foundation?” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A director of the Social Welfare Council.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Lack of laws hampering preparation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior Election Commission official. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!