Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 30
South Asia Check / September 5, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Political parties working to pick poll candidates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SWC in favor of Manmohan foundation?” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A director of the Social Welfare Council.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Lack of laws hampering preparation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior Election Commission official. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently