Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 9
South Asia Check / August 10, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Fewa lake encroachment series- CIAA takes interest” by Santosh Pokharel datelined Pokhara has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An engineer of Pokhara-Lekhanath Metropolitan City, and the then office bearers of the High-level Commission for Conservation of Fewa Lake.
Republica report headlined “CIAA takes up Fewa lake encroachment” by Santosh Pokharel datelined Pokhara has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An engineer of Pokhara-Lekhanath Metropolitan City.
Republica report headlined “RPP split hampers vote on amendment” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Senior leaders of the ruling parties, a leader, and a leader of a ruling party.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge