Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 23
South Asia Check / December 24, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government enraged” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister.
Kantipur report headlined “India in ‘political lobbying’ to put Nepal Army peacekeepers in UN missions under its command” by Jagadishwar Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source five times.
Nagarik report headlined “Cabinet holds special discussion on former king: ‘Let’s start investigation into royal massacre’” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepali air passengers being levied excess tax illegally” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the Airlines Operators’ Committee and an executive of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?