Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 23
South Asia Check / December 24, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government enraged” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister.
Kantipur report headlined “India in ‘political lobbying’ to put Nepal Army peacekeepers in UN missions under its command” by Jagadishwar Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source five times.
Nagarik report headlined “Cabinet holds special discussion on former king: ‘Let’s start investigation into royal massacre’” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepali air passengers being levied excess tax illegally” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the Airlines Operators’ Committee and an executive of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently