Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 28
South Asia Check / December 29, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government and UDMF come up with new strategy” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. UDMF stands for the United Democratic Madhesi Front
Annapurna Post report headlined “December rush” has quoted an unnamed staff of an INGO. It has no byline or dateline.
Kantipur report headlined “Parties divided further” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front and source from the meeting. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Meeting gets noisy after Deuba sticks to his stance” by Rudra Khadka and Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
Nagarik report headlined “National Games dampened by poor management and controversy” by Ajaya Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official.
Republica report headlined “Donors, INGOs influencing lawmaking process” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quotes an unnamed lawmaker from the parliament’s Social Justice and Human Rights Committee.
Republica report headlined “Nepal Red Cross blows millions for weeklong meeting” by Sangeet Sangroula and Ramesh Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official and a participant.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements