Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 28
South Asia Check / December 29, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government and UDMF come up with new strategy” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. UDMF stands for the United Democratic Madhesi Front
Annapurna Post report headlined “December rush” has quoted an unnamed staff of an INGO. It has no byline or dateline.
Kantipur report headlined “Parties divided further” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front and source from the meeting. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Meeting gets noisy after Deuba sticks to his stance” by Rudra Khadka and Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
Nagarik report headlined “National Games dampened by poor management and controversy” by Ajaya Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official.
Republica report headlined “Donors, INGOs influencing lawmaking process” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quotes an unnamed lawmaker from the parliament’s Social Justice and Human Rights Committee.
Republica report headlined “Nepal Red Cross blows millions for weeklong meeting” by Sangeet Sangroula and Ramesh Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official and a participant.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently