Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 30
South Asia Check / December 31, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “UDMF angry” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt seeks clarification from NRA chief exec” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Office of the Prime Minister in one instance.
Republica report headlined “Government drops right to reject provision in elections” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed officer from the Election Commission.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?