Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 20
South Asia Check / February 21, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister goes back on commitment with UDMF” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader of UDMF. Here UDMF stands for the Unified Democratic Madhesi Front.
Kantipur report headlined “Deuba asks Dahal to conduct elections by May or quit” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A minister from Nepali Congress in two instances, a source present in the meeting and a minister present in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Cabinet meeting being held today, election date to be announced” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source close to prime minister and a source present at the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Election of local level in ‘single phase’, date to be declared today” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source close to prime minister in two instances, a source and a minister present in the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “UDMF proposes holding election in Mangsir [mid Nov-mid Dec]” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in three instances. Here UDMF stands for the Unified Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt appears set to announce poll date” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader present in the meeting in two instances and some sources.
Republica report headlined “Talks to set poll date fruitless” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Should we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron?
- Fact Check News reports about suspension of international flights are false
- Fact Check Mahesh Acharya had resigned as defense minister after governor’s reinstatement
- Fact Check Old photos being circulated as recent ones from Ukraine war
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
In Public InterestShould we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron? By Pravin Bhatta/South Asia Check On May 4, 2022, Nepal reported the death of a 45-year-old woman fr... Read More
- Read this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air