Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 22
South Asia Check / February 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ministry of Foreign Affairs unaware about ambassadorial recommendations” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs once, and has quoted two high-ranking officials of the same ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Decision to open new embassy lands in controversy” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official and an official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “UDMF skips meeting” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders from the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF). It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Pressure exerted to free driver detained for stealing fuel” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed owner of a petrol pump, an unnamed official from Nepal Oil Corporation in two instances, and an unnamed fuel trader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “‘Flexible’ UML throws ball in Morcha’s court” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Angry SLMM skips meeting” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders of the SLMM [United Democratic Madhesi Front] in two instances.
Republica report headlined “NRB tightens personal auto loans to 50 pc of valuation” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed observers once.
Republica report headlined “Parties vow to make polls a success” datelined Kathmandu has quoted leaders in one instance. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently