Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 25
South Asia Check / February 26, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Leftist alliance in the making” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A highly-placed source, a source, and a senior leader of the CPN-UML.
Kantipur report headlined “Confusion about boundaries and voters” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Delay in bringing poll code a major cause for concern” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Election Commission officials, some Election Commission officials and experts.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “LLRC rules out report revision” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: LLRC officials. LLRC stands for Local Level Restructuring Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Won’t accept foreign aid for local polls” EC” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Government sources, an informed source and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage