Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 25
South Asia Check / February 26, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Leftist alliance in the making” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A highly-placed source, a source, and a senior leader of the CPN-UML.
Kantipur report headlined “Confusion about boundaries and voters” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Delay in bringing poll code a major cause for concern” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Election Commission officials, some Election Commission officials and experts.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “LLRC rules out report revision” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: LLRC officials. LLRC stands for Local Level Restructuring Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Won’t accept foreign aid for local polls” EC” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Government sources, an informed source and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Maoists were not the first to demand federalism
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 24
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 23
- Fact Check CP Mainali and Eknath Dhakal made wrong claims while opposing electoral threshold
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 22
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 21
In Public InterestWomen’s representation will increase after elections If the elections of all three levels (federal parliament, provincial parliament and local level) are... Read More
- Is provincial consent mandatory in US and India for altering provincial boundaries?
- The Uprooted
- Labor permit will be beneficial for India-bound Nepali workers
- Budhigandaki: Dam of discontent
- Ministers’ wealth: Then and now