Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 7
South Asia Check / February 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “ISI agent arrested” by Kranti Shah datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A police official.
Nagarik report headlined “Land of Pashupati temple being distributed arbitrarily” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source in two instances, a source at Pashupati Area Development Trust and a highly-placed official at the trust.
Nagarik report headlined “Police nab Hoda gang along with kingpin” by Ritesh Tiwari datelined Birgunj Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Police source in three instances and a police official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Banks breaching the limit set on lending” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A reliable Nepal Rastra Bank source.
Republica report headlined “As polls loom, EC undecided over EVMs” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Sources in three instances, an election experts, one election official and informed sources.
Republica report headlined “CEO Pokharel for greater autonomy to NRA” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A source close to the chief executive officer of National Reconstruction Authority, Govinda Raj Pokharel.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!