Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 7
South Asia Check / February 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “ISI agent arrested” by Kranti Shah datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A police official.
Nagarik report headlined “Land of Pashupati temple being distributed arbitrarily” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source in two instances, a source at Pashupati Area Development Trust and a highly-placed official at the trust.
Nagarik report headlined “Police nab Hoda gang along with kingpin” by Ritesh Tiwari datelined Birgunj Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Police source in three instances and a police official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Banks breaching the limit set on lending” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A reliable Nepal Rastra Bank source.
Republica report headlined “As polls loom, EC undecided over EVMs” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Sources in three instances, an election experts, one election official and informed sources.
Republica report headlined “CEO Pokharel for greater autonomy to NRA” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A source close to the chief executive officer of National Reconstruction Authority, Govinda Raj Pokharel.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently