Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 7
South Asia Check / February 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “ISI agent arrested” by Kranti Shah datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A police official.
Nagarik report headlined “Land of Pashupati temple being distributed arbitrarily” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source in two instances, a source at Pashupati Area Development Trust and a highly-placed official at the trust.
Nagarik report headlined “Police nab Hoda gang along with kingpin” by Ritesh Tiwari datelined Birgunj Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Police source in three instances and a police official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Banks breaching the limit set on lending” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A reliable Nepal Rastra Bank source.
Republica report headlined “As polls loom, EC undecided over EVMs” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Sources in three instances, an election experts, one election official and informed sources.
Republica report headlined “CEO Pokharel for greater autonomy to NRA” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A source close to the chief executive officer of National Reconstruction Authority, Govinda Raj Pokharel.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?