Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 11
South Asia Check / January 12, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Red Cross emptied funds meant for quake victims” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source, a source at Red Cross, a staffer of Red Cross, an official, and a highly-placed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Parliament endorses BAFI bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed experts in one instance. This report does not carry a byline. Here BAFI stands for Banks and Financial Institutions.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Decision on Gyewali’s fate likely today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A close aide to Deputy Prime Minister Bimalendra Nidhi. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What will happen to facilities enjoyed by ‘unfit’ Karki?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Some experts. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Nepal Red Cross spends millions from quake funds on ‘luxuries'” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official of the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) official, an official and a highly-placed official source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?