Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 11
South Asia Check / January 12, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Red Cross emptied funds meant for quake victims” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source, a source at Red Cross, a staffer of Red Cross, an official, and a highly-placed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Parliament endorses BAFI bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed experts in one instance. This report does not carry a byline. Here BAFI stands for Banks and Financial Institutions.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Decision on Gyewali’s fate likely today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A close aide to Deputy Prime Minister Bimalendra Nidhi. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What will happen to facilities enjoyed by ‘unfit’ Karki?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Some experts. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Nepal Red Cross spends millions from quake funds on ‘luxuries'” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official of the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) official, an official and a highly-placed official source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage