Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 11
South Asia Check / January 12, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Red Cross emptied funds meant for quake victims” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source, a source at Red Cross, a staffer of Red Cross, an official, and a highly-placed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Parliament endorses BAFI bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed experts in one instance. This report does not carry a byline. Here BAFI stands for Banks and Financial Institutions.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Decision on Gyewali’s fate likely today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A close aide to Deputy Prime Minister Bimalendra Nidhi. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What will happen to facilities enjoyed by ‘unfit’ Karki?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Some experts. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Nepal Red Cross spends millions from quake funds on ‘luxuries'” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official of the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) official, an official and a highly-placed official source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently